How we protect your personal information
About our policy
In compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Smart Square project is strongly committed to protect your privacy and complying with your choices. Both personal and non-personal information collected is safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. The GDPR replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive and after two-year transition period, becomes enforceable on 25 May 2018. REHVA operates the website sriobservatory.eu. REHVA is the data controller that resides at Rue Washington 40, 1050 Brussels, in Belgium.
This privacy notice governs the website sriobservatory.eu and informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. This privacy notice only covers information collected through this site and via direct communications between you and the SRI Observatory. It does not cover any information collected at any other website, application, or other communication methods such as when you call us, write us, or in any other manner. Your privacy is very important to us.
Data collection methods
We use data collection methods and technologies on our website to collect data for the purposes of different transactions with you, such as:
- Voluntarily-filled online forms
- gathering analytics on our website traffic
Data we collect
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Email address
Within our CMS database system, we use your data such as full name, organisation, email address and other information that our visitors enter into forms completed and submitted through our website.
Where we store your data
How and for which purposes we use your information
We may use information that we collect about you to:
Communicate with you:
We may send you email such as newsletters, publications, and other services and news about us or on topics relevant you purchased or that you opted in to receive. We may also contact you to request clarification on certain information you completed and submitted through our website. You may opt out of these at any time.
Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
We may contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings, and other important service-related notices.
We may develop, and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services on our site and on other sites.
We also may use your information to manage our business, to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Choices and individual rights
We aim to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
We outline your choices below:
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive any e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a newsletter e-mail, we may still send you administrative emails about this privacy notice.
- Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of the actions here below please contact us at info(at)rehva.eu:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests.
Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.